MX Player - APK for Android
Latest APK file version: 1.7.40
Requires Android: 2.3 and up
Number of downloads: 36393
Category: Audio, Media & Video
MX Player - The best way to enjoy your movies.
a) HARDWARE ACCELERATION - Hardware acceleration can be applied to more videos with the help of new HW+ decoder.
b) MULTI-CORE DECODING - MX Player is the first Android video player which supports multi-core decoding. Test result proved that dual-core device’s performance is up to 70% better than single-core devices.
c) PINCH TO ZOOM, ZOOM AND PAN - Easily zoom in and out by pinching and swiping across the screen. Zoom and Pan is also available by option.
d) SUBTITLE GESTURES - Scroll forward/backward to move to next/previous text, Up/down to move text up and down, Zoom in/out
It harnesses several user friendly features that we all loved and enjoyed. We’ve outlined a few talking points and features that this application touts.
- Customizability – This player allows us to change a lot of different settings, something that is much better than the default player of your device. You can change it to be fullscreen / normal or even change the brightness – a nifty feature to have in the dark. You can also select the orientation mode as well as the battery/clock to be displayed during playback.
- Performance – We put this player to the test, we queued up about five full-featured films and wanted to test the performance and battery life. Was there any stuttering? Did we run out of memory? The results were very impressive – no stuttering or hitching when skipping through the video. The app promoted multi-core decoding as well as hardware acceleration, we really noticed these features with the great performance we witnessed.
- Battery Life – The battery life can drain really quickly – this also has to do with your screen brightness, audio and amount of videos you’re watching overtime – so the battery drain was comparable to the standard media app.
- Subtitles – The team really loved this feature, it supports subtitles! No more trying to find plugins or another app to get your subtitle files working. This app not only has it built in but also supports touch gestures that allow you to navigate between them, really cool.
- Codec Support – Even though this player has been the most user friendly and flexible movie player that we have seen to date, it can lack some codecs that are for certain videos. However, for the most common and used codecs, we didn’t see any issues.
Download APK (Latest apk file version: 1.7.40)
What's new in version 1.7.40
Added an option for selecting action on headset disconnected under Settings > Audio.